Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the HAWKEN progression system.
Have a question that’s not answered here? Check out the HAWKEN Support page.
- How do I gain mech XP? Your mechs gain XP as you play HAWKEN. You gain XP for many actions during matches, such as destroying and assisting in the destruction of enemy mechs, capturing and controlling objectives, and running energy. XP is awarded at the end of each match.
- How can I gain mech XP faster? You can purchase an XP Boost to double all the XP you gain while the boost is active. You purchase XP Boosts in the game client with Meteor Credits. The XP Boost becomes active at the beginning of your next match after purchase.
- Why isn't my mech XP going up? When your mech gains enough XP to upgrade to a new rank, all XP gained goes into the Overflow XP pool until you upgrade that mech. You can pay for mech upgrades with either HAWKEN Credits (HC) or Meteor Credits (MC).
- What do I get for unlocking new mech ranks? Every new mech rank rewards pilots with more customization options for that mech, including unique camos, elite mech parts, and the ability to unlock the additioanl primary weapons.
- What happens to my mech’s experience when it reaches max XP? When a mech has been upgraded to max rank and reaches max XP, all experience earned then goes into the XP Overflow pool. You can spend MC to transfer Overflow XP into the Global XP pool. Global XP can be freely added to other mechs.
- How do I gain pilot XP? You gain pilot experience as you play HAWKEN matches. All the XP your mechs gain during a match is also applied to your pilot level.
- How can I gain pilot XP faster? You can purchase an XP Boost to double all the experience you gain while the boost is active. You purchase XP Boosts in the game client with Meteor Credits. The XP Boost becomes active at the beginning of your next match after purchase.
- What do I get for gaining pilot levels? Earning new pilot levels unlocks access to more items and internals, as well as exclusive thrusters, repair drones, and pilot emblems.
Items, Internals, and Weapons
- How do I unlock items/internals? As your pilot level increases, groups of items and internals are unlocked for purchase with HC. Items and internals can also be purchased with MC regardless of pilot level.
- Why can’t I equip the item/internal I purchased on my other mechs? Items and internals are purchased for a single mech only.
- Can I change items/internals during a match? No. You can only equip items and internals in the garage between matches.
- How do I unlock other weapons on my mech? The alternate primary weapon is unlocked at mech rank 3 for purchase with either HAWKEN Credits (HC) or Meteor Credits (MC). The prestige weapon is unlocked for purchase at mech rank 5. To purchase an unlocked weapon, select a mech and click WEAPONS.
- Can I change primary weapons during a match? Yes. You can change weapons in the Staging area during a match by clicking your primary weapon and selecting another weapon you have purchased.
- How do I get HAWKEN Credits (HC)? You earn HAWKEN Credits (HC) by playing the game. At the end of every match, you earn an amount of HC based on the time you spent in the match, along with bonuses for winning and placing highly.
- How can I get HAWKEN Credits faster? You can purchase an HC Boost to double all the HAWKEN Credits you earn while the boost is active. You purchase HC Boosts in the game client with Meteor Credits. The HC Boost becomes active at the beginning of your next match after purchase.
- How do I purchase Meteor Credits (MC)? You can purchase Meteor Credits (MC) by visiting our Currency page. Your MC will be credited to your account as soon as you complete your purchase. You can also access the MC currency page from inside the game client.