These HAWKEN Rules of Conduct ("Rules of Conduct") govern interaction between and among users of the Game within the Game environment and on Game-Related Websites. All capitalized terms used in these Rules of Conduct that are not defined below are defined in the HAWKEN End User License and Service Agreement ("EULA"), which contains additional provisions that govern your behavior and affect your Account. Failure to comply with these Rules of Conduct and the EULA may result in the termination of your Account according to the EULA.
No set of rules can anticipate all instances of misconduct that will need to be addressed to make the Game an enjoyable and safe environment for all users of the Game. Instances requiring nuanced interpretation and application of these Rules of Conduct will be handled on a case-by-case basis by Customer Support. Meteor Entertainment has the absolute and sole right to make final judgments interpreting and applying these Rules of Conduct to any specific circumstance or situation, including what action should be taken in response to non-compliance with these Rules of Conduct and any exceptions to application of these Rules of Conduct that may be appropriate. Meteor Entertainment reserves the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to change, modify, add to, or remove portions of these Rules of Conduct at any time.
- While playing the Game, you must respect the rights of others and their right to play and enjoy the Game. Accordingly, you may not subject other players of the Game to, or cause them to be subjected to, the following: abusive, insulting, or offensive comments; distress, other than as may be customary in ordinary game-play; embarrassment, harassment, or threats; fraud; hate speech or attacks based on his or her country of origin, cultural heritage, ethnicity, gender, physical or mental handicap, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, or the like ("Demographic Class")malicious reporting of non-existent misconduct; ; repeated unwanted messages; or unwanted attention.
- You may not post or communicate, through the Game, within the Game environment, or on Game-Related Websites, the personal information (name, address, account name, telephone number, etc.) of any player of the Game.
- You may not transmit, post, link to, or facilitate the distribution of any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, infringing, obscene, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically offensive, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, or objectionable in a reasonable person's view imagery or content, including by creation or use of a Name (as defined in the Naming Guidelines).
- When communicating within the Game environment or using any Game-related functionality, you may not engage in spamming, flooding, or making duplicate posts. The determination of what constitutes spamming or flooding shall be in Meteor Entertainment's absolute and sole discretion, taking into account such factors as the frequency, number, length, or unusual nature of the messages, their indiscriminate distribution, whether they are unsolicited, etc.
- You may not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Service. You may not use in Game play macros or other stored rapid keystrokes, "dupes," "cheats" or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate when compared with ordinary Game play. You may not use your or third-party software to rewrite or modify the user interface or otherwise manipulate data in such a way as to use the Service to acquire items, currency, objects, character attributes or beneficial actions not actually acquired or performed in the Game.
- You may not engage in any conduct or practice that results in an Account containing items, objects, currency, character attributes, rank, or status that are inappropriate for the level or rank of the character contained in the Account, i.e., "item loading."
- You may not impersonate any employee of Meteor Entertainment, Inc., or its affiliates, or impersonate any other person (including celebrities).
- You may not violate any local, state, national, or international laws or regulations. You may not arrange for the exchange or transfer of any pirated or illegal software while using the Game or a Game-Related Website, or promote or encourage any illegal activity, including exploitation of any weakness in computer or network security, hacking or cracking, or distribution of counterfeit software.
- You may not market, promote, advertise, or solicit within the Game or on Game-Related Websites.
- Other than features intentionally made available to you for modification, as evidenced by Meteor Entertainment documentation expressly related to modification, you may not modify (i) any part or feature of the Game or (ii) any Game-related Website other than official Forums.
- Without first obtaining the express written permission of Meteor Entertainment, you may not buy, sell, transfer or auction (or host or facilitate the ability to allow others to buy, sell, transfer or auction) , or offer to transfer, sell or auction, or buy or accept any offer to transfer, sell or auction, any game Account or game Content, including game characters, character attributes, items, objects, currency, credits or copyrighted material, or any other intellectual property owned or controlled by Meteor Entertainment its licensors, or the Service, nor may you encourage or induce another user of the Game to participate in such prohibited transaction(s), except as may be specifically enabled by the Service and authorized by Meteor Entertainment.
- You will follow the instructions of authorized personnel while in the Game environment or on Game-Related Websites.
- You may not organize or be a member of any Team that is based on or espouses any belief system that is generally regarded as espousing hatred or intolerance of any Demographic Class.
- You may not provide false information or intentionally hide any information when registering for your Account.
- You may not upload or transmit within the Game, the Forums, or the Game-Related Websites any copyrighted or trademarked content to which you do not own all rights without the express written permission of the copyright or trademark holder.
- You will not attempt to interfere with, hack into, or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Game.
- You will not upload or attempt to distribute files that contain Malware.
- You will not exploit any bug in the Game that grants a user of the Game or an Avatar unintended benefits, and you will not communicate the existence of any such bug, directly or through public posting, to another user of the Game.
- You will not attempt to play the Game on any server that is not controlled or authorized by Meteor Entertainment or its designees.
- You will not create, use, or provide any server emulator or other site where the Game may be played, and you will not post or distribute any utilities, emulators or other software tools related to the Game without the express written permission of Meteor Entertainment.
- You may use the reporting system provided by Meteor Entertainment within the Game environment to alert Meteor Entertainment of in-game issues such as violation of the User EULA, Naming Guidelines, or Rules of Conduct, inappropriate behavior, the apparent use of a Gaming Bot, or other misconduct. You may not use such reporting system to inflict harm upon or harass another player, to submit false reports, or to cause undue load on Meteor Entertainment's servers. Individuals who abuse the reporting function will be investigated and will face possible account suspension or account termination.
- While participating in player-versus-player (PvP) gameplay, you will not participate in any form of match manipulation. Match manipulation is defined as any action taken to fix or manipulate the outcome of a match or alter or manipulate the rankings or ratings of the ladder. This also includes disrupting other people's game experience by not actively participating in matches in good faith (also known as "leeching").
- You must comply with the Naming Guidelines set out here.
©2012 Meteor Entertainment, Inc.
114 Prefontaine Place South
Seattle, WA 98104